Thursday, January 19, 2006

Underworld: Evolution

It’s Thursday day, and you know what that means… it’s new movie release day. Today, Alex and I went in to watch Underworld: Evolution (trailer), the sequel to the first that premiered 2003. This movie was great and did not go below my expectations. The one thing that this movie did have a lot of however is gore. If you are they type of person that hates lots of blood and gore in your movies, then this may not be the movie for you.

Plot wise, it has maintained its standard with the first movie and I personally don’t think anything else could have been changed to improve it further. One good inclusion in this movie is the use of flashbacks towards the beginning. If you haven’t seen the first in a while, these can help jog your memory a bit which is really helpful. The directing was great, no problems there, and the acting was good too. And Kate Beckinsale; well I just have one word… hot. I don’t think anyone else would have been able to fill her character as good as she did.

One thing that I can’t help to make a minor complaint about however is the CGI. Being the type of person that really pays attention to this, the CGI wasn’t quite the best in certain scenes, but it wasn’t much of an issue nevertheless. To most people, you probably wouldn’t even notice any problems; I'm just a bit picky, that’s all. Overall, I highly recommend this movie, and if you haven’t seen the first, I would recommend watching that too as it can help explain a few things. 9/10.

No comments: