As you may have heard from my previous post, yesterday was the Big Day Out. This event was packed as you can see in my photo above (click to enlarge). I took that with the panorama feature on my K750i and since it was really sunny, I couldn’t easily line up the images hence the dodgy panorama work.
When Alex and I got there, the whole environment had a similar feeling to the Ekka which is held here in Brisbane except that unlike the Ekka, there was lots of alcohol going around. Since the type of music on offer didn’t really match my taste, I already knew that I wasn’t going to be too interested in the event. I mainly spent the day just following Alex around and having a listen in to what was playing... and checking out the girls that were there (the fashion trend was towards really short shorts and bikini tops).
During the day, prior to the sun setting, everything was made kind of uncomfortable due to the summer sun beaming down on the parklands. We were fortunate enough however to get some cool breezes every so often, but it didn’t really improve the feeling too much. While we were moving around, we stopped by the boiler room which had more music which matches my taste (techno, dance, etc), but it still wasn’t quite as enjoyable as say a nightclub is. The environment is surely different to others, and I don’t think it is something that I like that much.
Apart from just listening to what was playing near us at the time, we hung around to specifically listen to Mudvayne (which got cut about midway due to a power failure), Wolfmother, The Living End, Franz Ferdinand, and The White Stripes. I’m probably not the best person to write up my opinions on these bands (obviously) so I’ll leave that to someone else. I’ll update this entry with a link if/when someone expresses their opinion on the event.

No comments:
Post a Comment