This one is more like a diary entry, so it is a bit longer than usual… sorry if you aren’t the type that likes reading.
Anyways, I was hoping to get this entry to be posted under Saturday’s date, but I’ve been busy all day (well afternoon/evening as I sleep in all morning) fixing my Dad’s computer. It is amazing what can sometimes happen when you leave a computer with someone who isn’t all that tech savvy. To sum it up, it got overridden by spyware and in turn I had to back up all the data, format the PC, reinstall everything again, and then set it all up to its original conditions. With that out of the way, I’ll go on about our interesting trip last night to the drive-in movies.
We got there around 6:50pm with 25 minutes to spare, so we parked our cars then got out to have a look up at the sky. The sky was getting darker and was really active with lightning, and was quite interesting to watch. Shortly after 7:15pm, the movie came on and we went into our cars to watch the movie (we chose The Chronicles of Narnia/The Legend of Zorro combination). However, this experience was soon to be cut short due to bad weather conditions. About 30 or so minutes into the movie, the rain started to come down lightly so we had to close the doors and windows and within a matter of minutes, it became really humid and uncomfortable inside the car. Alex and I were both sitting there in my car (Kellie and Natasha were sitting in his) just laughing at the situation.
About 10 minutes afterwards however, the rain really started to pour down and a storm hit us. In a matter of minutes, the power to the drive-in got knocked out. I then started my car and Alex and I were so relieved to get some cool air circulating around the car. When the power was restored about 15 or so minutes later, Chris, Jenny, and Sarah (who were on the other side watching the Chicken Little/King Kong combination) decided that they would leave as the whole movie experience was ruined. Alex and I decided to stay, but several minutes later we decided to bail as the lightning was interfering with the movie too much. It was sort of lucky we did however since Sarah parked her car at a servo a few kilometers down the road and realized her battery was flat when she tried to start it. Alex had the jumper leads in his car, so everything in that aspect kind of worked out well in the end.
After all that, we drove back to our local McDonalds and sat down for a chat and a bite to eat. Once we were done there, we all headed home and called it an early night (just a bit earlier than 11pm). So yeah, that sums up Friday nights drive-in experience. Wasn’t quite the complete drive-in experience, but turned out to be a fun night nevertheless.
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment