Sunday, January 22, 2006

Big Day Out

Well, Big Day Out is on coming up today in about eight hours from now, and I have barely had any sleep. I’ve been up for the past 20 hours and am still not tired and can’t really get to sleep that easily. Usually I like to get some sleep in the morning between 8am and 12pm (since I usually sleep around 1am and get up at 5:30am for the gym), but I had a shift in perishables yesterday and that has really thrown my body out of balance. With my body running on such a low amount of sleep, it will be interesting to see how I'm going to hold up for Big Day Out.

Anyways, if you didn’t wanna check out the link earlier to see what Big Day Out is all about (hehehe, it rhymes; man I think I need sleep), here is a definition from good ol’ Wikipedia:

    The Big Day Out (BDO) is an annual music festival that tours Australasia. As of 2006, it features 8 stages accomodating popular contemporary rock music, electronic music, less mainstream international acts and local acts.
For those that know me, you are probably wondering why I’m going to this considering most of it circulates around music which is not my style. I’m mainly going to this because Alex has more of an interest in this type of music, so he had the idea of going and I thought I’d go with him (since we always do pretty much everything together). Regardless of the music type, it should be a fun day nevertheless and will be another experience to add to my list. There is one section though that offers music that is kinda similar to my tastes, so we will check that out and see what they have to offer. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes. In the meantime, I think I will attempt to get that sleep that my body probably needs.

No comments: