I would say that I have a pretty good immune system. In the past couple of years (funny that… ever since I started working out), I haven’t been sick to the point that I can’t easily go about my daily routine. If I do pick up some bug that’s going around, I only get the lightest of symptoms, and it usually clears up in an hour or two on its own I don’t take medication… I let my body take care of it. The last couple of days however, it appears that something has managed to take my immune system down.
On Thursday, I got the onset of a migraine (which I haven’t had for since late 2003) which I can tell because I get blurry vision followed by a stabbing pain in one of my eyes. For this I took some Nurofen, which I wouldn’t normally do, but since I had to work another 6 hours, I couldn’t afford to leave it to fix itself. An hour or so later, that fully cleared up and I was back to normal.
For the rest of Thursday I felt pretty good, and same with Friday, but on Saturday that was going to change. I spent all of Saturday with some flu like symptoms including a headache, blocked nose, light-headedness, sore muscles, saw jawbone, and the like. These were only felt lightly, but when I started work at 7pm, I really noticed it all as it dragged me down. Lifting cartons was a bit harder than usual, and I couldn’t quite fill the shelves as quick as usual. I wonder what I have got and I wonder why I actually have it. I’ve still decided though that I am not going to take anything for it and just try and sleep it off. I really hope it is gone by my next shift tonight (tonight? bugger… missed my Saturday blog entry deadline).
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment