Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The joy that is Windows

After a good long afternoon messing around with the templates for my upcoming website, I thought I would try to install Moveable Type (according to the simple instructions here) so I can publish my blog when the site is ready. This however turned out to be a lengthy process. I had the installers for ActivePerl, MySQL, and PHP all freeze up on me whenever I tried to install it. It turns out that my IIS installation (which I knew was installed because I was accessing http://localhost some time ago) was corrupted and was the reason behind all my troubles. After booting into safe mode and reinstalling IIS, I now have Moveable Type up and running, and ready for me when I have my site designed. Isn’t Windows just a great OS, Everything is working one day, then all of a sudden, something has gone amuck.

No comments: