Sunday, January 08, 2006

A typical Sunday night

Yet another Sunday night and work is officially over for the week. Sunday’s at work are quite different to every other day. Instead of filling the load that arrives earlier, the main duty is to build ends. So you get an idea of what goes on; this means that most of the stock at the end of each aisle (the catalogue specials for the week) has to be returned back to their appropriate place in the aisle, and any excess either capped (put on top of the shelves) or repacked and returned to the stock room. Afterwards, the ends need to be stocked up with the lines that are on special for the following week. Because of this, the night isn’t quite as fast-paced as every other night, but nevertheless there is quite a bit to be done anyway.

On a usual day, I would mostly be filling stock and therefore I can pretty much remember everything that I have done. On Sunday’s however, I am always doing a range of different things other than filling, so by the end of the day I feel like I haven’t done much at all. It’s quite strange; on the days when I am filling I can get some great feelings of accomplishment depending on how much stock I get filled by the end of my shift. However, on Sunday’s there just isn’t that same feeling. Like today, we got though all our duties at a better pace than usual, yet I don’t have that feeling of accomplishment. I still love Sunday’s at work though and couldn’t imagine it any other way… So yeah, that’s just a little insight into my work life; not that you probably wanted to know anyway. I just have a tendency to get carried away sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice work daz.