Yesterday afternoon, Alex and I picked up a set of small (0.5W) handheld UHF radios. These aren’t powerful CB radios like the more professional ones out there, but we weren’t intending on getting anything more powerful. The main purpose of getting these is for when we go out driving since we occasionally take both our cars out and there were many times that we wished we had some CB’s to easily communicate between cars. In addition to that, we are usually out together a lot of the time, and these CB’s should prove to be useful later on.
We split the cost of the pack so we could both have one each and these worked out to be about $24 each so the price wasn’t that bad overall. I remember when I was a kid, $60 would get you a pair of walkie-talkies that would have an outdoor range of around about 15 metres before everything drops out. Now for around about the same price, you can pick up a pair of quality CB’s with an outdoor range of up to 3km. For $24, I reckon these CB’s were an excellent purchase and should prove useful over time.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment