- I got accepted into my desired university course (Electronic Engineering/IT)
- I turned 18 and finally was able to go out clubbing and drinking
- I finally got some proper employment (Woolworths)
There are of course many more things that happened, but these are the only few that I can think of at this very moment. At the start of the year, getting accepted into university was great as this meant that I wouldn’t have to bum around for a year learning nothing new. I have had so much fun at uni over the two semesters I have studied there so far and have met many new people.
Come mid year, I finally had my 18th birthday. Having my birthday in June made things a bit annoying since most of the people I know have a birthday early on in the year. It wasn’t very fun having to do stuff that only minors could do while everyone else could go out and have more fun. When my birthday came however, boy was that fun. Alex and I went out clubbing pretty much every fortnight and had more fun together. Everything felt so much better now that I wasn’t a minor.
But with all that going out, I knew I wouldn’t make it for that much longer without a good source of income. After having my application in with Woolworths for several months, I finally got employed at the beginning of November. I got a position as a night-filler and work late nights. I absolutely love this job and matches my lifestyle perfectly. I can’t imagine it any other way...
Well, that is about all I can think of for now, so I’ll wrap it up there. I hope you all have a Happy New Year, and look forward to the joys of 2006.

No comments:
Post a Comment