Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Migraines; not all in your head?

If you suffer from migraines, you can easily understand the great deal of pain involved with one. Having suffered from migraines during my high school years, I can definitely say that I do not want to experience one ever again. Originally I though my migraines started by bright lights, but now some doctors’ think that it may actually originate from heart problems:

Are Migraines All in Your Heart?

From the article:

    Doctors treating patients with a congenital heart defect have found an unexpected side effect of their work -- repairing the heart condition apparently relieves migraines. Now, a company that developed a device to fix the heart defect is seeking approval to use it specifically as a migraine treatment.

    Cierra, of Redwood City, California, manufactures the PFX Closure System, a device that uses energy to close the heart defect known as a patent foramen ovale, or PFO -- an opening in the heart.

No comments: