Thursday, December 15, 2005

King Kong

Today Alex and I went and watched King Kong (in Gold Class of course). I would give this movie an ‘okay’ rating as the whole plot wasn’t something that I particularly enjoyed. I never actually watched the original so I don’t really have anything to compare this movie to, so I’m not sure if this movie has followed the original story or not and cannot comment on that. Being the type of movie that this is, it relied heavily on CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) and this stood out a fair bit in quite a few scenes spoiling the mood. Another issue that I had with this movie was that it is one of those movies that seems to go on for longer than its actual runtime. At about the 2 hour mark, it felt like 3 hours had already passed and considering this was a 3 hour movie, you can imagine how long it felt like it went for. Anyways, these are my opinions of the movie. I’m going to have to cut it there for now as I have to leave for work in a moment.

No comments: