Saturday, December 03, 2005

Update for my PDA

Today I snapped up a Windows Mobile 5 upgrade CD for my Dell Axim X50v from eBay. A few of the added features in this upgraded OS are:

  1. One-handed navigation

  2. Program compatibility between Pocket PC and Smartphone devices

  3. Persistent storage and new memory configuration

  4. Improved battery life

  5. ActiveSync 4.0

  6. Addition of Direct3D Mobile, DirectX Mobile, & DirectDraw Mobile

  7. Improved application suite
Even though the feature list may not seem extensive, I’m still the type of person that likes to keep up-to-date. Why not upgrade my PDA to stay up-to-date? Because I love it, it is a great PDA. Anyways, I was able to purchase the CD for AUS$30, which is cheaper than what Dell sells it for on their site (US$39). I’ll let you know how it goes when I get the CD and install it on my PDA.

No comments: