I'm not a huge fan of having no work to do during the day on Saturday and Sunday. I just find that the day's are then quite boring, and I end up sleeping or something completely unproductive to waste the day. Come night time it's a different story, but during the day, I just find that there is nothing interesting to do. Even just working for a few hours on both days seems to make a difference to the day. When I was working on the Marriott renovation last month, I would finish around 12pm on Saturday and Sunday which left me pretty active during the day. Now that that job is done, I find myself sleeping up until that time, and find the remainder of my day feeling a bit strange.
In addition to that, after many years of late nights and all-nighters, my body clock seems to be reversed permanently. If I don't keep myself active during the day, my body slowly starts to shut itself down, and next thing I find myself asleep. That's pretty much what I find myself doing on my weekends during the day now. Sleep isn't really a bad thing, I enjoy it, and with the amount of sleep debt that I'm in, I'm pretty sure I need it. It's just that after sleeping during the day, you feel like you have wasted so much of it, even is you do a fair bit of work during the night.
To put things simply, I'm a pretty active person, but unfortunately due to some past behaviour, my body sometimes doesn't agree with that. It's just like one argument that is going nowhere but in circles; all happening in my head. Oh well, everything seems to just balance itself out, so I guess it's all okay for the time being. Now I can't be sure if anything I mentioned above makes any sense. I refuse to proof-read my writing here, and besides, I know what I meant. I'm busy chatting on MSN at the moment, so this would just then be proof that I can't multi-task.
Anyways, yesterday I picked myself up some parts to build a Jacobs Ladder. For those of you that don't know what that is, this YouTube video will show you. This one though is just a smaller 12V powered version that is driven by a VN Commodore ignition coil. I just wanted a smaller one I can sit on my desk without the danger of a neon sign transformer version. So far, I have built and tested it and it works quite well. Still very noisy despite its size, but it does give off some juicy sparks. All I need to do now is mount it on something solid and probably put something around it to protect the surroundings from a potential fire hazard. Since my day seems to be pretty unoccupied, I guess I have time now to do that then. Can't wait to have it finished.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment