Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blackout


It's amazing what alcohol can do to you. It's 9am on a Saturday morning and here I am typing up a blog entry. Now that doesn't seem out of place, but after I got a reading from my breathalyser, it now does. My breathalyser is giving me a reading of 0.40% BAC (the highest it can read), which considering the time of day, I think is pretty high (considering my last drink was estimated to be around 2am). What actually surprises me though is that usually at this level, I'm completely off my head and out having a good time. But instead, here I am at home typing up this entry. Well, I can't really be out partying now can I... I think all that died off hours ago.

Anyways, I have seemed to have forgotten what the hell went on last night. The last thing I remember was dancing (yeah, that's right, I manage to dance when I'm drunk) at the Port Office, then next thing, I'm lying in bed in nothing but my underwear. Usually I only get blackouts of this proportion when I drink Bundy, but it seems to me that I overstepped my mark and drank a little too much bourbon last night. It is such an awkward feeling. It feels like I did something completely wrong but I don't know what it was that I did wrong. Right now, the alcohol is blurring any emotion, so it ain't so bad, but I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling it later.

I really don't know why I just typed up that entry. I guess I found it kind of interesting how I can still have a high BAC, yet be in a different state of mind to what I'd usually be in. Either that, or the fact that the last thing I had to drink was seven hours ago and I'm still overloading my breathalyser. Either way, now comes the long journey of trying to piece together the final hours of my night.

[Edit: 1:10PM] So it's just past 1pm and my BAC is slowly going down. Currently I'm sitting at 0.24% so I'm not going to bother driving down the road yet to get some Berocca. Not that I have a hangover or anything; I just reckon my body would appreciate it. Anyways, I just had a Yum Cha lunch and damn that was a fine meal. I'm feeling quite full now, kinda tired, and I can't sleep. I just had a think about it; judging by how much money is left in my wallet, I didn't really drink as much as I usually do on a typical night out. Also, from experience I know that Bundy is the only drink that will cause me to have blackouts, and even still, they are only short. So this has really got me thinking now. What the hell was in my drink?

No comments: