Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I made it

Well, I actually made it through the whole month and did not get my download speed capped by my ISP. I can’t believe I actually managed that. Anyways, I came across this today while surfing the net. Considering that Gmail has a large amount of storage space for free, it would be great if part of this service was available for free. There are potential uses for a service like this:

Google GDrive is not a rumor

From the article:

    An interesting article by Greg Lindon points to some slide comments from Google's Analyst Day Power Point presentation last week.  The presentation was removed from Google's website but the text is still available in Greg's post.  These notes clearly state efforts have been put towards "infinite storage" in terms of GDrive.  In September I ran across compelling evidence that suggests a product by this name was either in the works, or at least being considered — at that time it was nothing more than speculation.  Now, according to these notes it isn't far from reality.The GDrive service will provide anyone (who trusts Google with their data) a universally accessible network share that spans across computers, operating systems and even devices.  Users will no longer require third party applications to emulate this behaviour by abusing Gmail storage.
And here is an interesting one, The Best: Accidental Discoveries

No comments: