Sunday, March 12, 2006

Computer troubles

Computers can be so stubborn at times. Over the past day or two I kept getting all these internet connection issues and its really starting to annoy me. It first started when I opened eMule to facilitate some file transfers. It connected normally and started to do its job, then all of a sudden it lost its connection to the server and everything related to the internet on my PC stopped working. My router (Linksys WAG54G which has never had any problems in the past) reported that the connection was still up, so I figured that the problem would have to be with my PC. After trying to access the net with a laptop and my PDA over the wireless to no avail, I then realised that the problem was lying within the router. I reset the router and everything returned to normal.

Figuring eMule was the cause of the problem, I tried the process again and the same problem occurred. I reset the router once again and everything was back to normal. So I have narrowed my problem down to eMule and my router, which is quite strange because I have been using the two for a long time with no problems whatsoever. What really puzzles me though is how a program outside of the router could cause it to crash. I am yet to figure out how this is happening, but if I find anything out, I’ll post the results. As of the moment, everything is working fine now, and I hope it stays that way.

No comments: