On the weekend, I headed over to beWild.com and ordered myself a bullet bracelet. This is simply just a bracelet formed by linking M16 bullets together. Together with this order, I purchased a Sprite diversion can safe to make my order total the minimum required for an international order. On Tuesday, the package arrived at my door thanks to UPS express shipping and when I opened it, I noticed that the Sprite can safe was there, but my bracelet was missing. Yesterday after receiving a reply from beWild.com mentioning that the bracelet was definitely packed in the box, I tried calling around UPS to try and seek an answer.
After a bit of asking around, I found that Customs has seized the bracelet. Even though the bullets that make up the bracelet contain no explosive charge whatsoever and are therefore just pieces of brass, they are still classified under ammunition and are a prohibited import for Australia. I am really disappointed that I couldn’t get this bracelet; it looked pretty damn cool in my opinion. Maybe one day someone here in Australia will start making them so that people here can purchase them without worrying about Customs.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear that. Good ol' aussie Customs eh... and i dont suppose that u get any of the money back either?? Cya later.
Alex
Post a Comment