Ooops. It’s amazing how a quick nap can turn into a long sleep. Long story short, I got back from uni last night after having to work the morning and afternoon immediately beforehand so I was feeling quite tired. I thought I would take a quick 1 hour nap to recover some energy and well… you can figure out the rest.
In regards to work, yesterday was… different. Instead of working my contracted hours in my store, I got sent over to Woolworths Inala to help out there. By the way, for the people who aren’t from around here the area of Inala doesn’t really have the best reputation. Also, during my orientation for Woolworths whenever we had a group conversation, the Inala Woolworths would always come up for discussion. So before I even started my shift here, I had already heard many things about this place, most of which weren’t all that good.
Why did I work there you may ask? Well apparently they requested some extra assistance, but when I arrived, it appeared that they didn’t require me anymore but they kept me there anyway. On top of that, no one except one person knew I was going to be there so when I arrived, they all thought I was crazy.
The store wasn’t as bad as I pictured it to be, but it wasn’t the best either. In addition, the way things were run were fairly different from Darra where I'm employed, so it was a bit strange having to adjust to suit there “style”. Even though it wasn’t that bad of a shift, I would have to say that I don’t really want to do that again. It just doesn’t feel the same as working a normal shift.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Woolworths Inala sounds like a lovely place. I'm surprised you weren't mugged for your shoes, wallet and hubcaps on your way through the car park.
Sorry, i'm not from around here, but what is so terrible about Inala exactly???
Well without getting into the kinds of topics you should only bring up in small localised conversations... simply put, Inala is seen as a low income society. To help you get an idea of what the area is like, I'll tell you a couple of things I have heard about the Inala Woolworths.
1) The Inala Woolworths is the only Woolworths store that is known to have a full-time security guard employed there.
2) In one case, someone working in produce was compressing the rubbish in one of the produce bins and got pricked by a used needle dumped in the bin.
From those two cases, you can get a rough idea of the area in general. This isn't meant to be stereotypical though. It's just an example of what can be found in that area.
Post a Comment