A couple of days back I installed the Internet Explorer 7 Beta just to give it a go. At first, the interface seemed really different and I thought it would take a bit of getting used to. However, after a few hours of using it, I have found that it isn’t all that bad. The tabbed browsing feature makes browsing a bit cleaner. Since I am the type of person who likes to open many links from a page in a new window, the advantage of tabbed browsing means I can have multiple pages from a single site linked to their own button on the taskbar. For example, I can open a few pages from one site and a few from another yet have it grouped down to just two different buttons on the taskbar (since I don’t use the “group similar taskbar buttons” option in Windows).
Overall, I reckon that the changes implemented in this version of Internet Explorer are good changes and are a step in the right direction. I think I will keep using this Beta version until the final version is released as I do not see the need to revert back to Internet Explorer 6. If you are into these kinds of things, I would suggest giving this version of Internet Explorer a go. Being a beta, there are going to be some bugs in it, but I am still yet to detect one. Since this is going to be the future version of Internet Explorer, I don’t see any harm in trying this out now to get a feel for it, and this way you can get a feel for it so you will be ready for it when it is released. If you would like to give it a go, you can download it from here.
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Daryl. How can I activate the "group similar taskbar buttons" option in Windows?
Right click on any unused area on your taskbar (or right click on your start button) and then select properties. Under the "Taskbar" tab you will have to option to select "Group similar taskbar buttons".
Post a Comment