Saturday, October 01, 2005

A great start to the weekend

Well Godskitchen – Worldwide 2005 turned out to be an awesome night. We entered the club around 9pm and as expected, there were local DJ’s at work to fill in the initial period of time before the major performers came out. Sometime between 11:30pm and 12am, Gabriel & Dresden were the first artists out to showcase their skills. BT was on next, I think sometime around 1am. BT was excellent! His beats of his Laptop Symphony continued to send a constant rave throughout the crowd. At around 3am, I think it was about the time for BT to finish up so Above & Beyond could then perform. However, BT was getting on so well with the crowd, he continued to play on, ignoring the hints that he should be finishing off. After some more of his excellent work, Above & Beyond finally came on around 3:30am and did not fail to please.

Now I heard that there was also meant to be Narcotic Thrust there, but it got to 5am and Above & Beyond was still going. Getting rather worn down, we decided to head home then, not seeing Narcotic Thrust. I’m not sure whether they performed or not as there would not have been much time left for them to do so. Nevertheless, the event was still awesome and it was great to have attended it.

Oh yeh… I nearly forgot to mention the results of enabling Adaptive anti-aliasing on my Radeon X800XL. After enabling it, there certainly is a difference in the quality of the image, however it is not something that I could pick up really easily when playing the game. I guess I don’t really pay attention to those in-game fine details too much. You can see the difference here. In the image on the left, I have 6X AA enabled and Adaptive AA disabled. In the image on the right, I have both 6X AA and Adaptive AA enabled. Like I said, the difference isn’t really noticeable during gameplay, but considering that it didn’t drop the performance of the gameplay by much, I suppose that by leaving it on and having that little bit extra shouldn’t hurt (for now anyways).

No comments: