Later in the day, I get another call telling me that I will be able to collect Quake 4 tomorrow (once again, a day earlier than the release date). I mention to them that I’ll pick it up on Wednesday together with FEAR. Wednesday comes along, I go in and collect FEAR, and was tossing up whether to get Quake 4 or not. I eventually decided not to get it because I was really anticipating FEAR, and I would rather focus on one than the other. Eventually once I finish FEAR, then I will get Quake 4 (and save a few dollars too).
From what I have seen so far, I find the quality of the game to be great, probably on par with Half-Life 2. It also has some great sound effects; the kinda ones that can make you jump out of your seat if you play it at night with the volume up. It has a good running storyline throughout the game, which really helps to make the game more interesting to play. If you are after a game with the graphic quality of Half-Life 2 mixed with a scary theme, such as that of Doom 3, then I would recommend you to get this game.
In the short amount of time that I have actually had to play FEAR, I have taken some screenshots for your viewing pleasure. I have the resolution at 1280x1024, with 2X Anti-Aliasing and 2X Anisotropic Filtering. My system is in need of an upgrading so if the graphics aren’t what as good as what you’re used to, you’re just going to have to put up with it.





No comments:
Post a Comment