Sunday, October 30, 2005

A quick break from my studying

So I’m sitting here cramming revising everything I have learnt this semester in Object Oriented Programming for my exam which is coming up in just under 10 hours from now (Monday 8:30am). I feel like I am reasonably ready for this exam, but since this unit was introduced only this semester, there are no previous exams that I can view so I can get an idea of what I should be expecting. In the meantime since I’m probably going to get back to studying, here is an article to read from Tom's Hardware Guide that may be of interest to some of you out there:

The $500 Gaming Machine - The Budget Gaming PC Challenge

From the article:

    If you are like this writer, your passion for the latest and greatest technology is bigger than your wallet. Let's face it, most of us can afford to fork over the occasional $50 for the latest game title, but even the most hardcore gamer usually won't pay more than $600 for the latest graphics card or processor. However, as we've reported many times over, benchmarks don't lie - and they show that you're often not going to notice much difference with games when investing in cutting edge technology.

    I'm a big fan of buying behind the techno-curve. Just as new products come out, I'm there like a vulture preying on the prior generation's technology products to get the most for my money. Cutting edge is sexy. Getting the best performance for your money is not, but this purchase philosophy gets you a lot for the money.
You may not get a rig like some hardcore gamers out there, but say if your wanting to build a PC for the family (on a limited budget) and have kids that would like to play the latest games on it, then this would be a great solution.

No comments: