Sunday, October 16, 2005

Why can't cardio be fun?

So last week I decided to start my cutting phase of my training. If you don’t already know, I’m a gym junkie and like love bodybuilding; but not the extreme, over-the-top stuff. To do this successfully I have to carefully control my diet and do more cardio. The controlled diet isn’t so bad but the cardio is a killer. See, I enjoy waking up at 5am in the morning and going to the gym to lift weights and completely exhaust myself… but going for a run at 6pm, that is a different story. It’s so hard for me to convince myself to step out of the house and go for a run. There is always this conflict going on in my head on whether I should go or not. I guess this is the start of a month long battle (may turn out longer if required) with my mind to convince myself that the results in the end should pay off.

Well I guess I should probably get back to work. I have been nailed down with even more study and assignments to complete for uni. I have 3 major assignments due this Friday and then my first of three major exams in two weeks from now. On the plus side, my first year (of five) is nearly over and I can’t wait for these holidays come. Especially if I can make the most of all this cutting I am doing at the moment.

No comments: