In the boredom of today's shift at work (in no way am I saying that is a bad thing; quiet time is good time) I ended up having a quick read through all the posts on my blog. It was quite interesting being able to take a step back reminisce on all the different events that have happened in the past. It may only be a few years worth of memory, but it sure was an overload of memories. As well, it was funny to see just how the format of my blog changed over time.
When I first started on my blog over at my MSN Space, I had roughly the same idea that I have at the moment which is writing in a diary style. Then somewhere along the line I decided to change my style to a technology blog style. I guess at the time I was interested in trying to have at least one post per day and when I ran out of ideas to keep it going, technology news seemed to work. I guess I soon realised that this was kind of pointless since there are already sites out there for that kind of stuff, and I doubt people out there are bothered to read my blog. In the end, writing my blog in a diary style proved to be a useful way to get stuff off my mind, and such as today, would give me the ability to take a step back in time and look at my past.
So what have I learnt? Well apart from the fact that I still can't maintain a regular update schedule for my blog despite the numerous promises I have made, I have learnt that my life is still relatively boring. I'm sure others out there will disagree with that statement, but I believe that there hasn't really been that much going on in my life. There is the occasional major happening, but it isn't really much of a regular occurrence. It's not that I am complaining about it or anything; it just seems like I could be doing so much more. Then again, I am also quite lazy when it comes to taking care of myself, so it really is my fault for it all.
As I look through it though, I realise that there are so many events that I have not written up about here. My idea of this blog was to let me maintain a type of diary and having a lot of empty space in it isn't going to be of much use. I think this time, I will try again to make a regular posting to this blog at least once a week. My mind is always full of crap so to speak, so it would probably be beneficial if I utilized this space to clear it out to make way for new stuff.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment