While on the topic of transport, I saw a couple of cars today with personalised plates that got me thinking. I'm talking about the ones that have the prestige personlised plates (the AUD$2295 ones than can have any combination of 6 characters) that use numbers to represent letters simply becuase their combination isn't available. One example would be '5TYLE'. Why would you bother spending $2295 on a plate that looks like 'STYLE' when there is already someone out there with that. So much for being unique. Now you just look like a poser.
It is understandable if you have one of the 3 number/3 letter or 2 number/3 letter combinations since they are like five times cheaper at around $395. An example of one of those plates is '57YLE'. That is creative since you are getting a close representation of 'STYLE' for only a fraction of the cost. Sure you would still seem like a poser, but at least you get some credit for your creativity. Either way though, any combination as described above would be quite annoying for the owner who was lucky enough to get the proper plate. I would sure be annoyed if someone out there bought the plate 'DJK0R'. Just how I see things anyways.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment