Saturday, September 10, 2005

Welcome to my new blog

Hello and welcome to my new blog. After using the ‘blog’ that is available as a part of MSN Spaces and then giving up on it, I have decided to start a new blog all over again. This time however, I am going to keep this one more active (hopefully updating it at least once a day) which would be a major improvement on the one I had in my MSN Space which was updated around once per week.

I don’t really know what made me think of starting a blog all over again, but I just decided to after reading the article ‘How Blogs Work’ at one of my favourite sites, HowStuffWorks. I guess this time I thought that I could probably do a better job of it and keep it active, and I also thought it would be a bit better if I had a ‘proper’ blog and not just the basic kind of blog that is integrated in the MSN Spaces.

So today was the day that the demo of Dystopia was released. If you are unaware, Dystopia is a mod for Half-Life 2 which is currently undergoing development. In my opinion, this mod is pretty good and has some great game play to it. However I still feel that it isn’t as great as I though it would be. Maybe this is so because after playing and completing Half-Life 2, Dystopia seems kind of similar because it is built on the Source engine, and therefore it does not seem too like much is new.

Another reason is probably because I am eagerly waiting for F.E.A.R to be released. After playing the demo for this, I must say that I am greatly looking forward to its release. The graphics are excellent and so is the storyline, but the one really cool feature about this game is the slow-mo mode. With that said though, this game sure des tax my system. My Radeon X800XL just barely handles it at my monitor’s resolution of 1280x1024. Unfortunately though, that’s the most powerful card I could get within budget, but it still does a good job however, so I should be able to live with it (for now anyway). So yeh… hopefully that should be released next month here in Australia, and I’ll be sure to pick it up the day it is released.

On a side note to everything above which seems to relate to I.T. in one way or another; last night, me and some good mates of mine headed over to Jade Buddha for dinner, and I must say, that place is excellent. If you are ever around the Brisbane City area, I'd highly recommend dining there. The atmosphere is great, the service it top notch, and the food is delicious. Overall, it was a great dining experience. Oh well, I think I may leave it there for today, well tonight really. Thank you for visiting my blog.

Daryl K.

No comments: