Saturday, September 17, 2005

Flashback into the past

I don’t know why I decided to, but today I felt like going through the few boxes of old stuff that I have sitting in my cupboard. Doing so sure brought back some old memories. It may only have been about 12 years worth of stuff, but after going through it all, 12 years of memories sure seemed like a lot.

Firstly there was a MASSIVE collection of old photos, most of which I can’t remember taking. They did however jump my memory a bit and all these events that had happened in the past that I had forgotten, I can now remember. It’s also amazing how much can change over such a period of time. While I was sorting through it all, I came across my Lance Burton signed poster that has been sitting there for quite some time (the laminating seems to have lifted in a few places). I can partially remember the events that happened at the time, but unfortunately I can’t remember when it was.

However I do remember however what happened that night. We were at a show of his at Las Vegas (I can’t remember where it was), and during the show he asked for some kids to come up on stage. When I got on stage, he got a small silver bird cage and got everyone in a circle. He then got us to all put our hands on the cage and then got us to throw our hands up and the cage disappeared. Afterwards, he kept me on the stage when everyone left since I happened to be the only boy there, and he started off by doing pocket streamer trick (reached into my shirt pocket and pulled out a 6 metre long multicolour streamer; that’s in my collection too). Afterwards, he reached behind his back and pulled out a magic kit.

Among all the other junk there, I also came across some old Gameboy games of mine. These were the ones from the day of the original Gameboy. In there was: Super Mario Land, Dr. Mario, Tetris, Adventure Island, and Snoopy’s Magic Show. I pulled out my Gameboy Advance SP, which was sitting in my cupboard collecting dust and decided to play them. Man did that bring back even more memories. The games are so simple yet still entertaining… I guess it’s because I haven’t played them for many years. It’s just amazing how much can happen and change over a relatively short amount of time. Well that’s enough reminiscing for now I think.

No comments: