Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Technology is getting better

It looks like that new iPod nano sure can take a bit of a beating. The people over at Ars Technica decided to put the iPod nano that they were reviewing through a stress test of their own. You can see the results here. Not a big fan of Apple, I must say however that the iPod nano sure is small and would be an excellent digital music player, except for the fact that it has such a small capacity.

Being the digital music collector I am, I’m in desperate search of a player that is compact in size and preferable not by Apple. A flash memory based player would be even better since they can be more compact and have no moving parts. This brings me on to my next bit of news.

Samsung builds foundation for 32 GByte Flash cards

From the article:

    Samsung claims it is first to have developed a 16 Gbit NAND Flash memory chip. Built in a 50 nm process, the device sets a new record in the storage density race and could enable memory cards with up to 32 GByte capacity.
This is just the news I have been waiting for. Integrate this into a small digital music player and my wishes will be answered. The prices may be high initially, but when they do come down, this will sure be the player to get.

No comments: