Monday, September 26, 2005

Vista again

Yet again some more Vista related news. Among other features, it appears that Vista is going to sport the ability to start up typically within 2 to 3 seconds:

Microsoft Windows Vista: Confident

From the article:

    Fast On and Off: A Windows Vista computer starts and shuts down as quickly and reliably as a television, typically within 2 to 3 seconds. Windows Vista processes login scripts and startup programs and services in the background so you can start working right away. You'll also shut down and restart your computer less often by using the New Sleep state, a simple one-click on and off experience which not only reduces power consumption, but also delivers and protects user data.
This is one of those things that I’m just going to have to see to believe. I have my doubts about this, but if Microsoft can pull it off, I’ll be pretty happy then.

No comments: