Well I finally got around to installing central locking in my car. Before I wasn’t in any sort of rush to get it installed since I was fine with unlocking all the doors myself. Yeah there were times in which passengers forgot that they had to lock the doors and I would end up coming back realising the doors were still unlocked, but apart from that, I didn’t really see the need to get a kit. However, recently I have become fascinated (again for the 50th time or something like that) with remote engine start kits for my car. Previously, I would look at them and want to get it, but something just always seemed to stop me from buying it.
After thinking about them for some time, I thought I may as well buy one and get it over and done with. This is where the central locking comes into play. For the system (remote engine starter and alarm) to function fully, it would be best to have central locking. What turned me away from central locking in the past was the fact that installing it in my car would be a nightmare. I wasn’t kidding about that either. After installing that kit, it could definitely be seen that it wasn’t made to accept central locking unless it was done at the factory. However, with a good day of messing around and working blindly (since everything I needed to do was INSIDE the door out of view), I finally got the kit installed. Now all I need is the remote engine starter kit and then the electronics of my car should be complete.P.S. You may be wondering why the hell I would need a remote engine start. Well the short answer is; I don’t. I just thought it would be fancy being able to start the car remotely and on the plus side, I can at least cool it down before I get in on a hot summers day.
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment