Saturday, May 13, 2006

The wonders of communication

Well I’m starting to think that I am getting back on track with my daily blog updates, but my timing seems to vary a bit. I’ve still got all this uni work and all to do, but I think I can now fit in a second or two to make a new post every day. Anyways, I’ll move onto my main focus of today’s entry… communication.

Ever had a moment when you have said something that you interpret yourself as completely fine to say (and even with good intentions) but the other party ends up interpreting it differently making it sound like you are being offensive? Well yesterday I managed to get myself into one of those situations and boy it ain’t too fun. What makes matters worse is when you try and resolve the miscommunication only to make the situation even worse.

Lesson learnt: Always think about what you are going to say. If it can be interpreted differently especially in a worse way, be more specific when you talk. Hmmmm, this is starting to sound like what they told us in Engineering Professional Studies last year. I guess I did listen but not take in the advice. Now I see the effects of not doing so.

No comments: