Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Spending: Easy, yet so hard

That was a close one… I managed to talk myself out of yet another purchase. I’m the type of person who is usually pretty tight with my money, which is quite different to several months back when I used to just spend it like I did not care. Every week when I get my pay check I fill up the car straight away, pay any bills I have due, put aside $20-50 for any spending in the following week, and then I transfer the remainder of it into savings. So as you can see, I leave a relatively small amount of money to spend on myself each week and that usually gets used up on a movie night or a meal or two when I’m out.

I am pretty happy with my current savings habits however; just recently I have been getting myself into these big spending moods and just feel like going out and spoiling myself. Sometimes a specific item that I want may put me into this mood but other times I just happen to get in the mood and I’ll end up thinking of stuff that I could possibly buy. Whenever this happens, I try hard to talk myself out of it but there are times that I just can’t help myself and have to get something to satisfy myself. This is starting to get really annoying and I wish it didn’t happen.

No comments: