Monday, May 01, 2006

Now that I've got a second

Well it is a quiet and early (really early) Monday morning and I’m sitting here on my PC finally able to keep myself awake long enough to add this blog entry. On a normal work week, I would currently be at work right now, most likely splitting up the Melbourne load, dropping it onto the floor, and filling it. However since it is Labour Day today, I am fortunate enough to get the remainder of my shift (12am – 5am) off. So here I am all awake and alert, so I thought I should probably update this blog which I haven’t done in a long time.

Before I started this blog entry, I had something in my mind that I was going to type about. After typing up that first paragraph however, I managed to forget what it was. Hmmmm… I think I'm going to have to sit on that for a moment while I think about that one. In the meantime let’s see what I have managed to get up to over the past week or so. Well, earlier in the week I got the opportunity to play skirmish… hold on a second; I’ve mentioned that already haven’t I? Man my brain is really getting messed up lately. Ah huh, there we go; I now remembered what I was going to say…

As I sit here at my PC, I'm looking around my room and just realised how much of a mess I have managed to create. I am a really tidy type of person, so much so that it can be compulsive. So it’s actually quite a surprise to see my room in such a mess. The way I always have it (and like it) is to be very minimalistic. For anyone looking into my room, all you would see is my computer desk with just my PC setup sitting on it, my bed all made up, and a bedside table with a few small things on it.

The impression most people would get of my room is that it is a guest bedroom; but even I have seen guest bedrooms with more stuff in them. Now if you were to look into my room you would see my bed all messed up with clothes thrown all over it (clean clothes that I have been too lazy to fold and put away), my computer desk with all sorts of crap on it, and all sorts of uni related documentation all over the floor surrounding my desk. I guess I haven’t even had the time to tidy my room up and I’ve been so drained of energy that I don’t really care about the mess anymore.

I am really looking forward to when this semester of uni is over so I can at least get some time to lay down and not have to worry about much. But for the time being, I guess I am stuck in this big black hole that is uni. I think I better take this opportunity now to get some sleep that I never get around this time on a normal week.

No comments: