So I managed to make it through the first week without any major issues. This week started off a bit more practical with practising on the phones within the classroom environment for pretty much the whole day. Tomorrow though is when all the fun really begins however. This is the day that we will start to take live calls. It's all good in the training region because if you make a mistake, it is quite easy to learn from your mistake and correct it. In the live region however, there will be less room for error and it is going to be quite interesting to see the results of it all. Oh well; you have to start somewhere. They did say that it will get easier though; it's just the first call that will be the most difficult.
One thing I think I need to mention here is a big thank you to Taila, who is really making each day at work that little bit more enjoyable. Now work at the moment is quite enjoyable as it is, but it's the interactions you have with others that helps make your day. I'm a pretty big believer in fate, and every so often when I give my brain some free time to wonder off, I tend to think about the "what ifs" of life. Just before, I pondered on the idea of "what if I didn't start working at GE Money on the 4th of February". As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was interviewed for the job towards the end of last year and had the opportunity to start in December. I was travelling to Japan at this time however so wasn't able to start then.
Had I have started then, I probably wouldn't have met Taila (and everyone else that was recruited at the same time as me for that matter) and all the fun that we are having at the moment wouldn't have happened. It makes me wonder what it would have been like starting at a different time with a different group of people. Would I still have enjoyed the training as much as I am now? Would I be interacting with everyone the way I am now? It's quite interesting to think how things could turn out. That's just the start of it though.
Had I have started at a different time, I still would have been in the same job and position. This leaves the opportunity to meet those people that started with me on the 4th of February. For example, some of those people may have ended up on the same team as me. How would that affect how we would then interact? Then there is the possibility that I would have failed the interview and wouldn't have gotten the job all together. In that situation, I probably would never have met anyone that I am working with at the moment, and for that matter, I probably wouldn't have thought of the possibilities of having fun with them. Would I have then met them randomly some time in the future? Would I pass by them, take a quick glance but never think twice? There are so many different things that could happen. To put it all quite simply, there are many different ways life could take you. The alternative possibilities make for some interesting thoughts if you have a big enough imagination. Like I said earlier though, I am a pretty big believer in fate and I believe that the paths that life leads you along are all part of your destiny. It's just like one giant story slowly unfolding itself.
On a side note, on Saturday I headed over to Harbour Town at the Gold Coast to stop in at the Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Outlet. With a little bit of extra money in my bank account, I decided on getting a couple of shirts for work. The shirts were priced at $79 each which was quite a saving over the Recommended Retail Price of $149. My main reasoning behind getting some shirts from here was the quality. When I tried on the shirt in store, it didn't seem like that much of a difference to any other shirts, namely a cheaper one, but after wearing one for the whole day today, I can say that I was mistaken.
The best way to describe it is like being wrapped up in my bed sheets. I have high thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets which are so silky smooth to lie on and be covered up in. That is about the same amount of comfort I'm getting from these shirts. I guess that you really do get what you pay for.
Wow. Was my day really that boring that I ended up writing two paragraphs about a shirt. That truly is sad.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment