Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Way too busy

Firstly once again I will have to apologise for my absence in this blog. I have tried my best to prevent this from happening, but unfortunately there has been way too much going on to even stop and think for a second. I have a feeling too that this may not be the last of it either. So it would probably be safe to say that there is a high possibility that I may not be able to keep this blog updated on schedule for the next couple of months while uni is running. With that said though, I will try to do what I can to keep you posted on what’s happening.

So anyways, today I opened up the letterbox and found a letter addressed to me from the Australian Government. I thought this may have been some letter regarding voting or some other issue like that. I opened it up and found a four page document from the Australian Customs Service. If you read my post ‘A bit disappointed’, you should know exactly what this letter would be about. To remind you if you have forgotten, it was about a bracelet that I ordered from the USA which was made up of empty bullets which was then seized by Customs when it arrived in Australia.

I read through the letter which explained the situation, but when I looked at the second page, one part caught my attention immediately; a figure of $400.00. Now I’m not smart when it comes to legal mumbo jumbo so I am having some difficulty understanding the fifth and sixth paragraphs. You can have a look at the page of concern here. From my understanding, I would think that I would possibly have to pay that fee if I were to make a claim. Now I don’t plan on making any claim and I accept that my bracelet is now out of my reach. Regardless, I’m not sure about whether those paragraphs mean I actually am going to be $400.00 out of pocket or not. Any help on this situation would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you only have to pay it if you fight them to get it back