Excluding my exams, I guess this week has been pretty good for me. On Tuesday I had an interview with my local Woolworths for a nightfill position. This was just a standard job interview with one of their recruiting staff. However, at the end I was asked to come back the next day for an interview with the manager. The interview went pretty smoothly, though I could have performed a bit better. Anyways, later on in the afternoon I got a call telling me my application has been successful and I now have the job.
Just in case you are wondering what nightfill is, it basically involves filling and maintaining stock displays towards the end of the shopping day to get it ready for the next. From what I have heard, typical work hours for this position are between 6pm and midnight, but I will soon find out what they will be like for me once I get given my roster. I will be employed as a casual, but if all goes well I may eventually be offered a part-time contract.
So today I had the first stage of my employment; induction. Basically it was an introduction to the company and just the standard training that all employees should have before working with Woolworths. All that had to be done today was watch some videos and fill out a workbook which we were given. It was an 8-hour day but at least I get paid for it so it’s all good. Now all I have got left to do is four hours of in-store training (this Wednesday) and I should be all set to work my required position. I really can’t wait until all my training is done and I’ll be ready to start earning some more cash.
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment