Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Birdnapped

Not quite technology news, but I did come across this at The Register and found it quite funny how some people think:

Burglar kidnaps talking parrot

From the article:

    Criminal mastermind David Carlile kidnapped a talking African Grey parrot he encountered during an uninivited visit to a remote country house because he thought it would grass him up to the Old Bill, UK tabloid the Sun reports.

    The 32-year-old blagger took antiques, jewellery and wonga from the house belonging to Diana Winter in Eastbury, Berkshire, then grabbed would-be canary Monty for good measure. When he eventually had his collar felt, Carlile admitted: "Parrots can talk and I didn't want it grassing me up.
    A suitably-impressed police source noted: "We were in stitches. This guy really thought we could interview the parrot. It's just as well we nicked him through fingerprints and DNA — I wouldn't have liked to have introduced the parrot to a judge as our chief prosecution witness."
It is quite disappointing however that they did not get Monty back when they caught the guy, but I hope that they get him back eventually.

No comments: