So I pretty much had absolutely nothing to do this Saturday night. I really do seem to be lacking a social life at the moment. Come to think of it; did I ever really have one to start with? Anyways, instead of completely wasting my night away, I headed down to the cinema to watch Funny Games (IMDb). The best way to describe this movie was that it felt uncomfortable to sit and watch. Don't get me wrong though. The movie was filmed to make you feel a bit like that, and once you really see how everything is happening, it is actually a decent movie.
After that, I was just about to arrive home and somewhat didn't feel that it was quite the time to bail on the night. Since I was already in the car, I decided to keep on driving just to help clear my mind. That turned out to be an epic fail on my behalf. I really don't know what the hell is going on with me, but my mind is not taking the single life so easily anymore. What ever happened to the time when I couldn't really care less about being single? Relationships were never really a high priority when it came to my life as it stood, but now all of a sudden, it's like the priority has gone up. It is really starting to drive me insane.
Anyways, I sort of entered auto-pilot when I kept driving so for the first bit of the trip, I was having a D&M with my own mind. It didn't seem to be going anywhere; which is usually the case. Next thing, I'm driving through the Valley followed by the City. This probably wasn't the best place to be given how my mind was at the time. Afterwards, I headed to Milton Maccas to pick up a frozen raspberry and then I headed to Mt. Coot-tha to chill for a bit. It was surprisingly empty at the time, so I could stand back and think for a bit. After that, I just drove some more and now I'm here. That pretty much sums up that night then.
Now I'm home, and still have a mind that is in a mess. That drive served absolutely no purpose whatsoever except to waste fuel. I guess Mt. Nebo would have been the better option since that trip usually works wonders, but I wasn't up for eating though a large amount of fuel at the time.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment