After taking off, which is about the only reason I love to fly, I realised that it is actually quite boring just sitting here. Add that to the fact that I have some noisy toddler in the seat behind me kicking my seat and screaming, and you soon realise that additional entertainment would be really useful. So now I have time to finally catch up on Bionic Woman, yet I didn't bring the episodes with me. What about study? How about no. That's the last thing I really want to think about right now. Looks like I have to resort to typing this blog entry up and listening to music.
On the topic of work, I'm not really looking forward to this job. Don't get me wrong, I love the job itself, it's great work and it pays well. It's just that being a temporary/contract based job, there are longish periods where you aren't doing any work, and if you manage to settle down to much like I did, it becomes a bit of a shock again when you go back to work. I guess it's my fault really, so I can't really complain about that too much. I'll just have to remember that next time.
One surprising thing about this trip however is that the idea of the hot and humid weather in Cairns is not worrying me. After working and travelling in the region in both winter and summer, I know to expect some some undesirable weather conditions. I think though that the fact that I will be working within the confines of an operating hotel has subconsciously told my mind that it shouldn't be a problem. Oh well, this job is only going to be five days worth of work, so it should be over reasonably quick. Unfortunately though, when I get back to Brisbane, it's going to be exam week at TAFE so there is no relaxing afterwards. That also means I'm going to have to study up here in my spare time.
Well that's about all I can get off my mind at the moment. I think I have said all that I can say. It appears this kid behind me has finally shut up, though I'm still getting these kicks in the back of my chair. I think I may sit back and try and get a quick powernap, though I'm highly doubting that is going to happen since I wasn't ale to before, which is why I'm writing my thoughts here.
Edit [3:00pm]: I just found the pilot episode to "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" sitting on my storage drive. Shame I wont be able to watch it however since my laptop battery didn't fully charge before I left. Just what I need.
Edit [3:17pm]: This flight is getting just that little bit more crappy. There seems to be other kids on board that just wont shut up, mainly the one behind me though. I'm starting to get the feeling that catching a Brisbane City Council bus is actually more comfortable than this flight. What a great way to start my work day.
Edit [5:25pm]: Well I just got to Rydges Tradewinds and am much relieved. Thanks to MagiNet and Rydges, I have myself a nice spacious room all to myself on the executive level where I can unwind. Now it's starting to feel less like work and more like a vacation.


No comments:
Post a Comment