Saturday, December 01, 2007

Be back in a little over two weeks

I thought I may take a moment now to take my mind off studying and clear my head for a bit. Actually my studying hasn't really been that successful in the fact that I have been constantly falling in and out of sleep while at my desk here and have probably spent more time asleep than awake.

Anyways, I have been back in Brisbane since last Sunday night and in the time between then and now, I've been either doing exams for TAFE or catching up on sleep. The job in Cairns was way more fun than having to do all this work right now, and I would actually prefer to do that over TAFE right now, since this semester has been more theoretical and less practical. Oh well, at least I can say that it is nearly over for the year.

Speaking of TAFE nearly being over for the year, the last day is actually Wednesday the 5th of December, but I'll be finishing on the 3rd. This means that whatever exams I have left to do, I'm going to have to get it all done on Monday which means that this Monday is going to be quite hectic. In case you may not remember me saying, I'll be leaving for Japan on Tuesday the 4th, which is actually not that far away. My flight is at 7am arriving in Sydney at 9:30am, then departing Sydney at 12:00pm, arriving in Osaka at 8:00pm. I'm really looking forward to this holiday and it certainly will be fun. I've heard that Osaka has recently had lows of around 5 degrees Celsius, so that will be interesting.

So that's about all from me for now I guess. Despite the free broadband internet available where I am staying, I have still chosen to abandon my laptop and anything internet related for that matter (so no internet cafe's etc.) and make this a proper holiday. Also, I will be picking up a SIM card over there, so if you try and text me on my local phone number, I will not receive it. Since I've pretty much finished everything I need to on this computer, I am going to shut it down now and get some sleep, then hit the books tomorrow, do my exams on Monday morning, pack my stuff in the afternoon, then leave for Japan on Tuesday.

I fly out of Osaka at 9:20pm on the 18th of December and will be back in Brisbane on the 19th of December at 7:15am. I'll write about it all when I get back. Look forward to a post from me some time in the evening.

Before I leave it there, I will leave you with a video that I just watched earlier. It is of Kellie Pickler, a 2005 Idol series finalist, on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader:

No comments: