Well it seems like it has been a while since I last posted something here, so while I have a lazy Sunday, I thought I may take the chance and do so now. So now lets rewind for a bit. Tuesday and Wednesday was TAFE which was boring as usual, but Wednesday night gave me the opportunity to go out and have a bit of fun. The whole Halloween celebration thing hasn't really picked up that well over here in Australia but nevertheless, if there is a party going on, why not go. Not really too much that I can go into detail about since I think the occasion kinda speaks for itself. I took lots of photos on the night and posted them onto both my Facebook and MySpace. Since my MySpace is public though, you can view the photos on there if you would like to.
So that was my Wednesday night all catered for. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday wasn't quite as eventful like the past month but it gave me the chance to relax for a bit. As you may or may not know, I really love to go to the cinemas and catch a flick. So on Thursday night I went to the cinemas with my closest friends and watched "The Game Plan". We had a bit of difficulty deciding on what to watch, but in the end selected that movie. Despite being a kinds/family movie, it was actually quite good in that Disney movie kind of way.
I usually like to watch all the new movies that I'm interested in on a Thursday, but since I didn't get around to that, I chose Friday to be my movie day for this week. So I headed to the cinema and watched "Death Proof" in the afternoon and "Eastern Promises" in the evening. Both of these movies were great and I was not disappointed. Death Proof was very interesting in the way that it had a really old cinema look to it, with scratches and subtle defects all over the film stock and irregularities in editing. In addition to that, there was an interesting mix of old and new. For example, in one scene the environment was completely old fashioned, from the old design beer bottles to the vinyl jukebox in the corner. But in the same scene, they would be using a modern colour screen mobile phone. Everything was done so well though that it really added to the style of the film.
Eastern Promises was also another great movie. Acting was great, especially by Viggo Mortensen. His character in the movie was played extremely well. There were a couple of moments during the movie that were a little bit graphic, but I don't see why it got a R18+ rating here in Australia. I reckon it would have passed for an MA15+ rating after seeing some of the movies out there that pass for that rating. Anyways, if you are after a drama/thriller, I'd highly recommend Eastern Promises.
Saturday was also another quiet day. I didn't really get up to much, just had dinner with my parents then hung out with some of my closest friends once again and watched a DVD. Sometimes the most simple things in life can be the most enjoyable.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment