Thursday, June 15, 2006

No change to my bad habits

So it’s now just a bit past 2:30am (at the time of this sentence) on a Thursday morning. I’m sitting here thinking about the exam on databases I have coming up in a little under six hours from now. Damn, come to think of it, six hours doesn’t seem like that much at all. You are probably wondering what I’m doing awake and not sleeping. Well since I always have trouble getting up in the morning, I thought I may do what my body is most used to and that is sleep during the day and stay awake through the night… Okay; you caught me out. It turns out that I’m doing some last minute cramming for this subject. But that doesn’t mean my previous statement is no longer true. I do happen to be conditioned to late night hours so being awake at this time of the night/morning isn’t much of a problem for me, and it probably is more natural for my body.  I just thought that since I’m going to be up, I may as well do something productive such as cramming studying.

Once this dreaded databases exam is out of the way (I seriously don’t think I'm going to specialise in this area; it’s just a subject I can’t wrap my head around), I am really looking forward to the afternoon. Not only does the afternoon mean this exam will be over, but it also means I will receive my new notebook. It turns out that the delivery went a bit faster than calculated and I got a call on Tuesday from the delivery company to organise a time today that I could have my notebook delivered. Since my exam is in the morning, I opted to have it delivered between 1pm and 5pm. So even if the exam does make my day bad, I look forward to it getting better when I hear the courier knocking at my door.

No comments: