Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My new Dell

Well like I mentioned earlier, I got my nice new Dell XPS M1210 on Thursday afternoon. I also mentioned that the blog entry before this was going to be about it, but I sort of got a bit side tracked. I could be relaxing right now but unfortunately I’ve still got two more exams to do so I haven’t had too much time to myself lately. Anyways, I said I was going to post about it, so here it is:
I got back from my exam on Thursday morning and started to do stuff around the house to waste some time. After a bit of waiting, I decided to lay down for some rest. Around 2pm I woke up to a knock at the door. I signed for the package and placed it on the table. It felt really light and it was nearly as if the boxes were empty. Now one of the luxuries of being a geek is getting some new technology and opening the packaging to reveal the contents. To let you get an out-of-box experience, I have captured some photos along the way.

This is the packaging that the laptop came in (bottom) and the case (top):


Opening the main box reveals an introductory paper (which happened to be folded when I took the photo), a CD wallet, and accessories:


Lifting out the accessories box revealed the laptop. It was surprisingly small in comparison to the box itself:


Here is the laptop closed and sitting on the table:


The main bulk of the laptop. The keyboard is quite comfortable to use and the trackpad has silent mouse buttons unlike some laptops I have used in the past:


And here is the laptop with the screen open (couldn’t avoid that self portrait with the glossy screen coating):


After using this laptop for the past five days or so, I must say that I have certainly gotten used to it so much that using my desktop seens completely different to how it used to seem. In addition to that, my 19 inch LCD monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 seems so low after looking at my laptop LCD which is 12.1 inch and has a resolution of 1280x800.

No comments: