Saturday, June 10, 2006

Like a child on Christmas Eve

It seems to have been quite some time since my last blog entry... and it has. But just like every other day, I’ve just had way too much to concentrate on. So what have I gotten up to recently? Unfortunately the answer to that is a big plain nothing. There is one thing however that is really testing my patience. At the beginning of this week, I decided to check the status of the notebooks over at Dell. Over the past few months, I have been saving to buy a notebook and was waiting for a decent one to be released before going out and purchasing one. This time I happened to be lucky since Dell had just released a new notebook in their XPS line. The one I have purchased is the Dell XPS M1210. Initially, the estimated delivery date of the system was the 22nd of June which was a bit of a disappointment for me since it meant a longish wait. I checked the status again this morning however and found that this date was now revised to the 17th of June which happens to be my birthday. I am really looking forward to getting it. Also, for those of you interested, here are some quick specs.
  • 12.1" Wide Screen XGA display with TrueLife(TM) (1280x800 res.) & 1.3MP Web Cam

  • Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2500: 2.0 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB 

  • 2048MB (2 X 1024MB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

  • 100GB SATA 7200RPM Performance Hard Drive

  • 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) Go 7400 TurboCache

  • Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

  • Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card

No comments: