Well it seems like I’m back to my usual self and leaving this blog to just sit idle. Once again, I’m on a flight to Cairns for yet another MagiNet job, this time at the Mantra Trilogy (http://www.mantratrilogy.com.au), so I thought I would take the opportunity now to write something up. I’m still on holiday from TAFE and have had quite some time to relax... a little too much actually. I have found myself sitting at home for a majority of my week with absolutely nothing to do. That’s the drawback with this job; you’re not always working. In the past week though, I was lucky enough to get a call from GE Money asking if I was still interested in a position with them.
Towards the end of last year, I was given a call by their recruitment staff who then gave me an over the phone interview. Unfortunately, because I was leaving for Japan the following week, they weren’t able to accept me for that recruitment round and said that they would give me a call back in the New Year since they were always looking for new staff. After the New Year, I was starting to wonder whether or not they would call back, but last Thursday I got a call from them which was quite a relief.
I went in yesterday for my interview which consisted of two role play scenarios and an interview with two GE Money employees. The role play was a bit daunting at first, but once I got the call, everything seemed to flow pretty smoothly. I did hesitate for a bit in the parts that required calculations, but I don’t think it affected me too much. An hour later after the role play and interview, I was told that they would review the candidates then give me a call either later in the day or early the following day.
After sorting all my stuff out for my trip to Cairns this morning, I received a call from GE Money. They said they were very satisfied with my interview and that I have been selected to work with them. I will be starting my paid three weeks of full time training on February the 4th and will then be contracted to work 25 hours per week afterwards. I am quite happy that I got this job as it now means I will have a steady source of income which doesn’t constantly vary like MagiNet does. This also means that once I settle into this job, I will be able to buy my new Toyota Aurion since I will have guaranteed income.
It’s going to be quite different working in a call centre. Every job that I have had has involved some kind of physical labour. It always feels that I really am working for my money. It’s just going to seem weird earning money without breaking a sweat. Oh well, I guess I’ll see just how well I can handle a desk job. That’s about all for now. My laptop battery is nearing the end of its useful life and as a result, is running flat.
Edit [9:42PM]: I guess this job does have its perks. I’ve got myself a nice self contained apartment all to myself for the duration of my stay (mind the panoramic photo; it’s a bit hard to take it in such a fashion). There is also a pool and gym downstairs so I don’t have to worry about breaking my fitness routine while I’m away from home.


No comments:
Post a Comment