It has been a quiet five and a half weeks online here, so I guess it's about time to put up an update on things. As it is approaching the end of TAFE which finishes on the end of Wednesday the 10th of December, I have been quite busy to get thing up-to-date so that I will definitely be out of there on time. As a result, I have been quite tired lately and haven't really had much time to get anything else done. I have managed to fit in time though to keep up with all the new release movies though, so that has given me some time-out here and there.
So with only three days left of study, it is getting closer to the time in which I need to move on to a more career-oriented job. This part I am really excited about. As bad as this may sound, I'm more excited due to the fact that I will be leaving my current job. I'm not trying to say that the actual job itself is bad, in fact it is quite a good job. It's more of the encounters you have on a daily basis and the level of stress that comes with it that is the killer. I guess customer service is a field which you need to be prepared to work in, otherwise you will burn yourself out faster than you can recover. I am at that stage right now, and it's really wearing me down. Being mentally tired is such a different and more draining feeling than being physically tired.
As with any job though, you establish connections with other people and the time that you spend together at work can be quite enjoyable. It is this part of the job that makes it really hard to move to another. Of course you would still remain as friends, but you may not really end up seeing them as much as you do when at work. I guess in the end, you need to take the good with the bad and just put a positive perspective on it all.
First things first though; I need to start applying for other jobs. Until then, there is no celebration yet. I really hope that the Christmas period at work is better than I'm predicting. It doesn't take much guesswork to figure how busy a financial call centre would be during the busiest spending period of the year.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment