I don't know what en earth is happening lately but recently I have had so many thoughts running through my mind that one moment I can be feeling on top of the world, but the next I can feel the complete opposite. It's when I feel really low however that everything gets really tough. It leads me to do stupid things that later I regret which adds up to making the situation even worse.
Trying to recover and feel happy again takes a lot of effort and anything I do only seems to be a temporary fix. I have found however that there is one way that will never fail in helping me clear my mind. That is driving. No matter how much I have on my mind or how bad I'm feeling, the moment I sit behind the wheel, I am able to take my mind off all my worries and truly relax. After taking a long drive, I usually find that I am then rather worn out, but once I sleep on it, I wake up feeling more alive than ever. There is just something about sitting behind the wheel that manages to put my mind to ease.
On a side note, I thought I would also try and take up reading again. Some time back I thought it would be a good idea to start reading since I had never really read a book in the past. Sure thing, I managed to get though a novel, but it was not something that I was able to do again afterwards. I then got my hands on some non-fiction later in time and found that it was more enjoyable for me than fiction. After finishing a book titled "Where is my Jetpack" a month ago reading mostly at work, I thought it would be time to start on another.
A workmate suggested to read a book titled "The Game" by Neil Strauss, so on my way to work today I picked this book up and started to read it in my spare time at work. So far this book has got me hooked and now I have the urge to finish it. It is written in autobiography style and follows the journey of Strauss' transformation from an average guy to a legendary pick-up artist. Definitely a fun read.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment