Thursday, June 17, 2010

Twenty-three years out in this world

So just the other night, I met someone online and for some strange reason I thought about this blog of mine which I managed to just abandon and forget even existed. I decided to come back on here (via the public page that everyone else sees) and kind of shocked and amazed myself at the same time. At first I was shocked at how I had managed to write so much crap (as a figure of speech) on here, but then I was amazed because I just couldn't imagine how I managed to do that.

But it did get me thinking though about how I let myself down by giving up on it when it was a good way to store some memories and to help get things off my mind. Then I get the occasional comment from one of my loyal followers (Mitchell) or from other people who I talk to which goes to show that this page actually does get the occasional viewing.

Now let's see... my last blog entry was in September last year and well.... things have changed a little but nothing too out of the ordinary, or so it feels. Updating this on a regular basis would have been the best way to hold memories of all the occasions, but I can't travel back in time yet so I will have to try hard to remember what I can. So to sum up the last nine months without going into excessive detail (otherwise this will probably turn into a novel) I would say the following had occured:

  • I continued doing more and more travelling for work like I always had been.
  • I met a girl... looked like it was going somewhere but in the span of a few days, fell to pieces faster than a Jenga tower with monkeys playing.
  • I did some more travelling for work.
  • I met another girl. This one looking way more promising than the last. Only problem... she lived in Canberra and certain cercumstances made this difficult to keep together (the fault was on my behalf).
  • I got Glandular Fever five or so weeks after meeting the first girl. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. That resulted in a good seven or so weeks of hell which I just wanted to end.
  • I then had to drive back to Brisbane with Glandular Fever so I could finally get some rest and recover.
  • Spent a month away from work recovering then went straight back into it full steam ahead.
  • Then continued with some more travelling and work.
  • Managed to write-off Sam (my red Aurion) and was heart-broken.
  • Did some work in Adelaide... boy do I love that place.
  • Got payed out with my insurance and picked up a new car while I was in Adelaide... a silver TRD Aurion 3500SL.
  • Work conditions then changed and I got employed full time as a Field Service Engineer. This basically meant that all my fun interstate travel had come to an end, but in return I get more stable employment.
  • Been pretty much doing your usual Monday to Friday 9-5 type of work and that's about all really.
  • Just had the TOCAU (Toyota Owners Club Australia) Annual Meet in Sydney last weekend. Was quite a fun trip.
  • And here I am now, sitting in the office waiting for things to finish so I thought I would get a start on this.

So that about sums it all up. There is probably a ton of little things that happened along the way, but if I can remember anything worth talking about... I'll post it here when I remember. In the meantime, hopefully this will be the return of my usual posting. I don't want this blog to just be another failure of mine.
-

1 comment:

MitchToad said...

Good to see you're back!